CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

This Past Week

As most of you know by now, I had a miscarriage this last weekend. It was 1 week ago tomorrow I found out. As part of my healing process...(according to this book I am reading)...I need to write/talk about what happened and how I feel. This has been one of the hardest weeks of my life. We had known we were pregnant for about 2 weeks and were not planning to announce until around week 10. But at 5 1/2 weeks we lost the baby. As far as we can tell my hCG levels were really low and the baby was not developing. I understand now that it was not my fault and I had no control over it. Physically I am almost there, but emotionally I am always on edge. But the most amazing thing is when I start to cry and feel like I can't stop, I can feel my heavenly father right there as if he were hugging me. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who has supported me and helped me get through this. I am also thankful for the wonderful family and friends I have who have also been there for me. Thankyou again for all of your prayers for our family. It was felt.

1 comments:

Herry and Jayley said...

Robin-It's Hayley-remember me? Hopefully fondly.:) My first pregnancy was a miscarriage at about 6 weeks. It is hard, but I took comfort in the fact that I could always try again. And that it just wasn't the baby's right time to come. I think you know that I have a two and a half year old, and am now 12 weeks with our second. I'm so glad to see you and Zac are doing well. I have such fond memories of us playing Mario cart...:). Miss you and hope you're good!