CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Kaitlyn Leah Gore

Kaitlyn Leah Gore
We welcomed her on Sunday Nov. 21st at 11:51 pm
She was 7 lbs 15 1/2 oz, and was 20 1/2 in. long




After a 16 hour labor she finally came!! We were told I would be induced on Sunday, and to be at the hospital at 8 am. We got there and got all registered and in our room before 8. The nurse came back and told us our doctor wanted to start the induction by using 3 sets of gel inserts, (meaning no pitocin, he didn't want to be 'on call' that day). So one by one...they would insert a gel, I would lay still for 1 hour, then walk for 1 hour...we did this 3 times...and I had hard labor contractions, and he was thinking of sending me home if I wasn't far enough dilated....so 6 hours later, the doctor decided I better stay since I was a 5. (ha ha on him). So around 6pm I FINALLY got my epidural...it took 22 min. for it to kick in...I was hurting so bad. The nurse kept checking me and I wasn't dilating fast enough, so we begged the doctor to break my water...which he finally did at 9pm. So I progressed to a 7. Around 11:35pm (yes 16 min. before she was born) that night they decided to go ahead and give me pitocin, since I wasn't going fast enough....well they gave it to me and in 8 min I finished going to a 10. By then the pitocin had made her heart rate drop, and the doctor came running in, asking me how fast I could get her out...I told him the other 2 I got out really fast, so he told me we needed to do it fast. Well I only pushed for 20 sec. before she came...so ya I BEAT the record. He told me I was the fastest he had ever seen. (even though I was annoyed with him for making me suffer all morning with horrible contractions, I am glad she got here safely.) It was a bad experience (labor and doctor), but the staff was pretty ok...Ihad a few hard headed nurses, but over all ok. We did get a free STEAK dinner for Zac and I in the hospital (their treat to all new parents), with Cheese Cake...it was actually pretty good!!


0 comments: